- Wake Students at Atkins (multiple volunteer events): need students from CS who are great at creating apps to help TSA students with hints and share their experiences. They meet every Wednesday from 3:45 pm to 4:45pm, potentially scheduling Oct 2 visit. Also have SciVis 1 students that would like CS students to speak to them, meet from 1:10 to 2:05 each day. Finally there’s a ” Girls in STEM” event on November 16 from 9 am to 12 pm, would like women CS students
- Potential Dish Speaker – Funding approved, waiting to conform scheduling. If cannot coordinate a date, could also bring Steven Walker as suggested by Santago.
- Technical Interview Prep – Emailing OPCD to nail down dates, need to follow up.
- Game Night: Pizza money approved, will have Wii, Wii U, potentially Xbox 360 and N64 in addition to computers and projectors. Sept 24 (Tues) at 5pm. Zak will print out flyers for marketing.
- Women in Tech: luncheon where professional women who work in computer science speak to students. The event will take place at OCPD’s Innovation Station from 11:30am-12:30pm and lunch will be provided. Because it is a luncheon with a 30 person max, we are asking students to RSVP by October 10th. We will publicize to ACM members.
- Hackathon: virtual programming as well as a hacking competition sponsored by Yale, will interact with Fulp and advertise to members
- Y-Hack: 24 hour hackathon hosted at Yale University. Offering $100 travel reimbursements to anyone who demos a project at the event, which is scheduled for November 8-9, 2013. IWill publicise to ACM members.
- National ACM Scholarships: raise awareness
- London Enterprise Initiative: open dialogue with London ACM chapter via teleconference, time/date TBD
- ACM Student Research Competition at ICSE: competition offers undergraduate and graduate students opportunities to present their research results to ICSE attendees and compete for prizes. Will publicize to members, more applicable for grad students.
- Social Media With Voice: new social app called Melt. Platform is like Twitter for voice. Record voice snippets and share to followers; follower others to stay up to date on their melts too. It has Facebook and Twitter sharing built in as well. Development group wants to present to ACM members, will invite them for future meeting.
- Capital Funding Results – $200 for TV(s) for game night!
- Need to elect new VP
- Will schedule meeting with Brown Bag Committee to discuss future talk ideas
- Zak will submit ACM yearly report
- Need to budget for 2-3 people to attend SIGCSE in Atlanta in March
- Zak will investigate potential hiring opportunities at ACM national HQ