Meeting Starts: 6:07pm
- We need ideas!!!
- We have not received anything yet
- Interested? Trying to see how many people want to go
- Please email any of the CompSci professors or students for any questions
- Nobody has signed up
- Interested? Let us know
- Tuesdays 2-4pm
- Join us on Twitter and Facebook!
GAME NIGHT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meeting End: 6:11pm
Meeting start time: 5:00pm
Welcoming all old and new ACM Members!!
Introducing all officers
- How much do they cost?
- We need designs!
- We will vote on Game night
- Email us a design, or submit to the office (Submit before Sept 23rd)
- Every other meeting will be a game night
- Wii, Xbox
- We post updates on Facebook/Twitter
- We ask questions on Twitter
- Twitter scavenger hunt (Xbox membership, or Google Bag)
- WFU CompSci, on doorways around Manchester building
- Simple way to learn coding, simple to use
- Intro to programming for kids at a local middle school
- ACM hosts regional programming contests, winners go international competition (Russia)
- Thursday nights 5:15pm – go over coding skills
- work in groups of three – one laptop given
- 8 problems 5 hours
- Professor Torgersen
- Regional competition is in either Duke or UNC – Chapel Hill – November 1st
- Should have CSC112 experience or JAVA/C++
- Buy parts of a computer with a budget
- One night, build a computer!
- Fun experience, like a lego experience
- That computer could be used for game night
- Trivia night – CompSci
- Teachers submit test questions!!
- Lots of Prizes!
- We’ll keep you updated
- team registered CTF for WFU
- Sept 19th – Sept 21st
- Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Topics? search on ACM.org
- We will have a poll on the ACM website
- Won’t be during meeting times
- Not only for ACM, open to everyone
Meeting ended: 5:21pm
Before First meeting:
Agenda, what will we talk about?
- T-shirts – should we make/buy T-shirts? Stickers?
- Carolina Con in Raleigh – Security event
- Programming team
- Teachers introduce themselves
- Speaker – which speaker?
- Game night – two weeks!!!!
- Any suggestions?
- Quiz Bowl – Next spring
Meeting begins 7:30pm
- Officers will split time: two for first half, two for second half
- Print out ACM flyers
- Laptop to show? iPad? Helicopter? More technological things, the better
- Let CSC111 teachers know about ACM… Turkett, John, Thomas, Pauca
- What do we tell people? Game Night, Quiz bowl, guest speaker, resources from nationals, Build A Computer
ACM Meeting: Tuesday 9/9/2014
End of Meeting: 7:50pm
4/23/2014 – Officer meeting
Started 7:00 pm
- Org sync
- ACM Nationals – get new officers signed up
- ACM Website – take time next week to finish End of Year report
- Old budget: $500
- Upcoming year budget: $1500
- Need actual budget codes from Turkett
- Use money we have to buy TV
o Where TV should be put
Ideas for next year
- Quiz bowl per semester
- Guest speaker per semester
- 2-3 game nights per semester
- Having an advisory board
o Juniors/seniors resume help?
- Work with more companies
- Student Activities Fair: get NAMES!
- Department-wide event
o Game night
o Quiz bowl
- New Majors Night: All professors have doors open, bring CompSci graduates in.
- Meeting before a Game Night? Gets people there
- Build-a-Computer event
End of meeting 7:38 pm